Send As SMS
-->

Saturday, April 21, 2007

obsession: customized google

It isn't often that something on the web excites me but recently google introduced a theme for the top of your google homepage. I chose one that has a little fox on it. He apparently lives in Japan somewhere and the screen changes as the time of day changes according to where you live by simply putting in your zip code. The little fox is so cute. He even goes to sleep in a sleeping bag on the dock. And maybe the customizable google homepage isn't new but I recently just started using it. If you haven't already, you should too. It allows you to add searchable fields for site that you use often including youtube, wikipedia, mapquest and information like your gmail inbox, bbcnews, and your weather forecast.

I also recently updated my firefox browser and the thing has spell check now!! I cannot spell to save my life so having this little option when I post on newsgroups or send someone a myspace message is invaluable. I used to hate firefox but now I use it all the time instead of safari. Now I know none of this is news but I love that fox so much! He even looks like Azim a tiny bit.

1 comment:

vanessa said...

i agree. I am totally head over heels for firefox! and i have my google homepage setting on the 'city scape' that has a different color scheme depending on the time of day. geeks!