Send As SMS
-->

Friday, August 25, 2006

Early fall: always a tease.

Autumn is my favorite season, hands down. This love affair with fall came from an early age and for years has ruined every summer for as long as I remember. I hate horrible heat and humidity but summer is a great relief to the horrid winters we have in New England over and over again. Only in the last few years have I come to enjoy summertime and not sit indoors all summer, waiting and praying for autumn to begin. September has always been a tease for me too. I always expect that once September comes, the weather will become cool and crisp and my favorite sweaters can come out of the closet. But of course, its not cool enough for me until at least the middle of October and by the end of December, I am ready for winter to be over already. Today was the perfect example. It was unusually cool (around 69 degrees) with a cool breeze and I left my house in my favorite pair of jeans, t-shirt and a nice brown long sleeved waffle henley. It was such a nice change. Tonight was even better. It got nice and crisp and I broke out my new favorite hoodie and scowered Tewksbury for a pack of cloves, the perfect fall indulgence (okay, besides apple cider donuts). Now its raining and cool. My windows are open and the rain is so calming. I always forget tho... A week from now, its going to be 85 again, and I'm going to pout and wish it was the end of September.

I have a lot to do tomorrow, hopefully REALLY updating this blog will be one of them. I plan on going to Johnny's Lebanese Market in Tewksbury for some fresh hummus and olives, take J.W. on a date to see Pirates of The Caribbean and hopefully a bite to eat, a quick trip to target, and of course, the new season of Real Time with Bill Maher tomorrow night which I have been waiting for FOR MONTHS. What a good day its going to be. Yaya!

No comments: