Send As SMS
-->

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Bill, Please.

Anna Nicole Smith died today. Of course its been all over the news. I'm sure you already know this. I watch the O'Reilly Factor from time to time to listen to the nonsense that this idiot spouts nightly. While I waited for J.W. to join me to watch The Daily Show, I put on the "factor" to see what ridiculousness was going to be featured on the show this evening. The topic of course was the death of Anna Nicole. Bill spent most of the time berating her lifestyle, celebrity status and stating over and over again about how little he cared about her or her life. Since I didn't have my reporter pad in front of me, I'll summarize. Apparently, Mr. O'Reilly felt as though she had no place being in the public eye. That her lifestyle and choice were amoral and her death was neither a surprise or something we as the public, should care little about. Then why is it, O'Reilly, that you felt the need to spend over 75% of your hour long talk show devoted to her life, death and drug use? And as his guest pointed out, Bill certainly knew a lot about someone he really had no interest in at all. I am not one for glossing over the truth or reality of a persons life after death. Many people tend to make the recently dead into something they were not, hoping their memory will be preserved in a better and cleaner fashion than the life they led. I do not, however, find it acceptable to totally bash someones life and choices on national television not even 24 hours after their passing. I am not a huge Anna Nicole Smith fan but her life seemed incredibly tragic and sad. I do not see her death as a surprise but the loss of a life so young with a brand new child is never an easy thing. I will also say I am NOT a fan of Bill O'Reilly's (if that wasn't already obvious from the above statements). I find him incredibly crass and tactless. Clearly he stood up to both of those lovely traits this evening. Congrats!

As for Anna, I think I'll go out and buy some fresh pickles and enjoy them in her memory ;)

No comments: